This article is an excerpt from the Shortform book guide to "The Science of Getting Rich" by Wallace D. Wattles. Shortform has the world's best summaries and analyses of books you should be reading.
Like this article? Sign up for a free trial here .
How do we figure out how to end poverty? What are the myths about poverty?
The society will only learn how to end poverty when it starts encouraging people to follow the path to success instead of demonizing wealth. It is wrong to believe that poverty is moral or that the only way to eradicate poverty is to overhaul social systems. Improving yourself and following the path to success will give you access to God’s limitless resources.
Read on to learn more about how to end poverty on a global scale.
There are some entrenched myths about the financial situation of the global population:
- Myth #1: The only way for everyone to become rich is to overhaul government and social systems. This is not the case. If populations act in the Certain Way, no system is going to be able to stop them from becoming rich. Systems may change in response to the Certain Way, but they don’t have to change in advance of it.
- Myth #2: Poverty is moral and God requires it. God expresses himself through people. In order to reach full expression, you need money for resources to develop yourself. Therefore, God wants you to be rich. He does not want you to suffer in poverty.
The only way to get rid of poverty is to get more people following the Certain Way. Once enough people are doing it, anyone lagging behind will realize that all they have to do to catch up is start following the science of being rich.
The best thing you can personally do to help the poor is to become rich yourself. This is for two reasons:
- Leading by example. If you become rich, you set an example of how to end poverty. You prove that following the Certain Way is the guaranteed (and only) way to become rich. You also demonstrate that being rich is natural and noble, aligned with the Original Substance’s goal of continuous advancement.
- Improving yourself inherently improves others. Recall the “Act” step of the Certain Way. Whenever you interact with others in the pursuit of your own advancement, you give more than you take. Therefore, your advancement advances others.
———End of Preview———
Like what you just read? Read the rest of the world's best book summary and analysis of Wallace D. Wattles's "The Science of Getting Rich" at Shortform .
Here's what you'll find in our full The Science of Getting Rich summary :
- The three-step method that's guaranteed to make you rich
- Why God wants you to be rich
- How to follow the "Certain Way" and share it with others