This article is an excerpt from the Shortform book guide to "The Science of Getting Rich" by Wallace D. Wattles. Shortform has the world's best summaries and analyses of books you should be reading.
Like this article? Sign up for a free trial here.
How do you visualize success? How will visualizing wealth lead to riches?
The right way to visualize success is to have a precise idea of what you want to accomplish, accompanied by an unshakable conviction in your ability to achieve your goals. Visualizing success spurs your creativity, which propels you to develop ideas that lead to riches.
Read on to learn more about the right way to visualize success.
The Right Way to Visualize Success
In Chapter 1, we covered the fact the Original Substance is sentient and responds to thought. If you visualize success or you think about acquiring a particular possession, the Original Substance will impel a physical manifestation of your thoughts in your direction.
However, there is a right way to visualize success:
You must have a precise, coherent idea of what you want in order to transmit it to the Original Substance. If your want is vague, the Original Substance won’t know what to do with it—transmitting a vague thought would be like sending someone an email containing the letters of the alphabet and then expecting them to create the message.
- Vague: You want to be rich so you can help people.
- Precise: You want a car. You imagine the color, the paint, the make and model, the interior, and every last detail.
You must have conviction that you will achieve what you want. To visualize success effectively, you must have so much purpose and faith in your convictions that you act like you already have your vision.
- For example, imagine you’re driving your new car and believe that you already own it. Talk about your car as if you have it. Don’t dream about having it, be convinced that you do have it. This also helps you practice gratitude in advance.
You must constantly be thinking about what you want. The specific mental picture should always be present in your mind, the same way a pilot is always keeping an eye on her instruments. If you really want something, it will be easier for you to visualize success.
- You don’t need to pray or meditate. All you have to do to send your vision to the Original Substance is think about it. However, once your vision is fully formed, it can help to orally address the Original Substance. This helps you imagine you’ve already received your vision, which further strengthens your vision.
- Concentrate on precision and details of your vision in your free time and hold the big picture in the back of your mind while you’re working.
You must think truthfully. Anytime you see something, you’ll unconsciously observe it at the surface level. You must look deeper than what’s visible.
- For example, if you see someone who’s ill, you’ll think about disease unless you hold in your mind the truth that disease doesn’t exist—people only experience it because their negative thoughts have manifested it.
The right way to visualize success requires an approach that encompasses these principles.
Your thoughts most likely won’t cause the Original Substance to form your want out of its own substance. Instead, the Original Substance works through existing methods of creation, spurred into action by your thoughts.
For example, if you want gold, gold won’t spontaneously come into being in your living room, or pull itself out of a mine and zoom into your hands. Instead, it’ll come your way via the usual channels: someone will mine it, transport it, and you’ll have the opportunity to access it.
———End of Preview———
Like what you just read? Read the rest of the world's best book summary and analysis of Wallace D. Wattles's "The Science of Getting Rich" at Shortform.
Here's what you'll find in our full The Science of Getting Rich summary:
- The three-step method that's guaranteed to make you rich
- Why God wants you to be rich
- How to follow the "Certain Way" and share it with others