Does the Plant Paradox Program Work? What the Plant Paradox results you can expect after the program?
Read about the Plant Paradox results you might see if you commit to a lifestyle change.
Plant Paradox Principles
The PPP is based on four rules:
- What you don’t eat makes a bigger impact than what you do eat.
- Take care of your gut microbes and they’ll take care of you.
- Your body processes fruit like candy.
- You are what you eat—and what the thing you’re eating ate.
Unlike other diets, the PPP doesn’t ask you to count calories. Instead, you can eat much more food—as long as it’s the right foods—and lose weight. Doing all this, you’ll see the Plant Paradox Results
The Plant Paradox Results in Phase 3
Once you’ve restored a healthy holobiome, you can reintroduce some lectin-containing foods in Phase 3—but if you’re particularly sensitive to lectins, you may not want to reintroduce them at all. Phase 3 is meant to implement a lifestyle that you can maintain for the rest of your life.
In Phase 3, you’ll:
- Continue to eat all PPP-approved foods
- Continue to avoid most off-limits foods
- Reintroduce peeled and deseeded nightshade and squash vegetables, immature vegetables, pressure-cooked legumes, and Indian white basmati rice
- Increase your ketogenic fats, which are in MCT oil and coconut oil
- Eat less frequently and less food overall
- Reduce your animal protein intake to 2 ounces (or fewer) per day
- Try five days of a calorie-restricted vegan fast per month, regular intermittent fasting, or stretching the time between your meals
- Maintain your body’s internal clock by aiming to get an hour of daylight each day
- Avoid blue light in the evenings
Ailments That the PPP Can Alleviate Or Cure
The author has worked with hundreds of patients and credits the Plant Paradox Program with alleviating and even curing dozens of diseases and conditions, including:
- Chronic pain
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Joint pain
- Multiple sclerosis
- Osteopenia and osteoporosis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
———End of Preview———
Like what you just read? Read the rest of the world's best summary of Steven R. Gundry's "The Plant Paradox" at Shortform.
Here's what you'll find in our full The Plant Paradox summary:
- Why eating more vegetables isn't enough, and why some vegetables are toxic to your body
- The science behind lectins and how they tear apart your body, making you fat and sick
- The 6-week program to get your body back on healthy grack