Are you interested in learning about the law of attraction and how it works? Are you looking for great law of attraction examples?
These 4 law of attraction examples are all different ways you can use the law of attraction. In these examples, you can see how the law of attraction works, and how the person in question used the law of attraction to get what they wanted.
What Is the Law of Attraction?
Everyone has something they want to either change or improve their life. Maybe it’s a better job. Maybe it’s more security. Maybe it’s love. Changing your life may feel impossible. Where would you even start? With the principles of The Secret, you will learn to use the power of your mind to make what you want a reality. Through practical steps and guidance for how to shift your feelings and behaviors to a stronger, more positive place, you will learn how to harness the Law of Attraction to create a better, happier life. These law of attraction examples show how you can use the law of attraction, and explain how it would work in a few different situations.
Law of Attraction Examples
The basis of The Secret is the Law of Attraction—use your thoughts to attract the things you want. Everyone is a creator. The power of your mind is akin to the power of a magnet. When you look at your current life, you can trace everything back to one thought or a series of thoughts. Your life is a reflection of your thoughts, and you can use them to create your future self.
Example 1: How Negative Thoughts Can Hurt You
First on the list of law of attraction examples is negative thoughts. It’s important to show how negative thoughts can alter how the law of attraction works. Your negative thoughts about others create the same outcome. You cannot hurt another with your thoughts, just yourself. If you focus on what you don’t like about someone, you will attract more people with that trait. Likewise, if you focus on wanting something bad to happen to someone, all the universe picks up is the bad thing. Guess who that bad thing gets brought to?
- For example, if you think, “I hope Melissa fails her drivers test,” you’ve signaled the vibrations of failing. That vibration mixes with yours, as the owner of the thought, and you are now attracting failure to your life.
- Through the Law of Attraction, negative thoughts about another person draw harm into existence. By calling harm into existence through your thoughts, you are placing yourself on that frequency. You are attracting the harm back to you as the pictures you emit.
- If you don’t want to be harmed, avoiding that negative frequency is a good way to ensure you aren’t.
Example 2: The Law of Attraction and Health
Stress is often a culprit in acute and chronic illness. Stress in your life is the result of one thought that slipped under the radar or was given too much focus. That thought manifested into more stressful thoughts, all the way to creating stress in your life. Stress is the outcome, negative thinking the catalyst. You’re probably able to think of other law of attraction examples from your own life where this has been true.
- For example, if you were worried about getting sick before a big vacation, the focus on getting sick likely created other concerns or fears regarding your health. Those subsequent thoughts spiraled until you had a list of health concerns. Sound familiar?
- Remember, the Law of Attraction doesn’t distinguish between good or bad thoughts. It just picks up the thought message.
- Your focus on getting sick and the ensuing stress just created more stress because that was all the Law of Attraction had to work with. What was reflected back were more situations surrounding illness, creating more stress, and so on. And you likely got sick before your vacation.
The situation is not hopeless. Just because stress has been manifested in your life doesn’t mean it needs to remain. One positive thought can set you on the right frequency. One good thought leads to another and another.
- If you think only thoughts of being in perfect health and see yourself on vacation in perfect health, that is the picture reflected back.
Example 3: The Law of Attraction and Relationships
You can have whatever relationship you want by calling it forth with your thoughts. Think about the type of partner you want. Visualize what that partner looks like. Think about what qualities that partner has. Feel what life with that partner feels like. Believe this partner exists in the world. Believe you have summoned them to you through your thoughts and feelings. Relationship law of attraction examples can focus on attracting a partner, or improving your relationship.
If your thoughts are about how lonely you feel, the Law of Attraction will mirror that loneliness back. You will block the love you want with your thoughts of not having love.
- For example, if every Friday night you watch movies and lament not having a date, the signal you are sending the universe is, “I never have a date on Friday night.”
- If you can change your thoughts to, “It will be nice when I have a partner to share Friday nights with,” you’ll experience a good feeling, and the Law of Attraction will send back pictures that emulate that nice feeling.
Make sure your actions match your desire to bring love into your life. Make space to receive what you want through your actions.
- If you want a partner to share lazy Sundays with, make sure your Sundays aren’t full up. Don’t make Sunday the day you spend working.
- Don’t overbook your Sundays with family and friends.
- Keep your Sundays open. Mark in your calendar, “Lazy Sunday with my love.”
- Do what you would do if you had the partner you wanted.
- Feel how good it feels to be doing that thing with that person.
- Hold that thought and feeling inside, and be prepared to receive inspiration from the universe.
Example 4: The Law of Attraction and Money
Next on the list of law of attraction examples is money example. To attract money, you must focus on money. To bring money to you, you must create a new thought message of wealth.
When you focus on a lack of money or the consequences of not having enough, you are blocking all the money waiting for you with your thoughts. If your thoughts are on not having enough, you will never have enough.
- The Law of Attraction will bring back those pictures of not having enough as experiences.
- For example, when you have bills stacking up and don’t know where the money to pay them will come from, focusing on those bills will only attract more bills.
- Even though it’s hard, focusing on abundance, despite the bills, will send out the proper signal. Say, “These bills will be paid. Life is abundant, and something will come through.” Then believe it and feel the relief of it coming true.
You can’t attract money if you feel bad about money. It makes sense that when you do not have enough money, money becomes a stressor. Your thoughts around it become negative.
- Those negative feelings about money are stopping more from coming to you.
If you can start to feel good about money and showing gratitude for what you have, you can create a new frequency. You must change your thoughts from lack-of-money to more-than-enough-money. Start to say and believe that you have more than enough. Feel it and show gratitude.
Remember the childhood game of make believe? Use your imagination to see and believe that you already have more than enough money. Imagine what you would buy with that money. All the things you will do. Imagine yourself spending, and feel the joy of it.
- If you’ve ever thought, “I can’t afford it,” change those thoughts to, “I can afford that. I can buy anything I want.” Say it again and again, and believe it.
- When you see something you want, say, “I can afford that. I can buy that.” Better yet, look for things you want, and repeat those phrases.
- If you want to buy a Porsche, find the one you want, no matter how outlandish, and repeat, “I can buy that Porsche. I can afford it.”
- As you say the words, you will become convinced of the truth of those words. That expectation will translate into new pictures the Law of Attraction will mirror back to you.
There is abundance in the world, and your responsibility is not regarding the how of money coming to you. All you have to do is ask, believe you are receiving, and feel joyful about having received.
These law of attraction examples show how the law of attraction can work, and how you control the outcome of your situation. You can use the law of attraction in any aspect of your life and get results.
———End of Preview———
Like what you just read? Read the rest of the world's best summary of Rhonda Byrne's "The Secret" at Shortform .
Here's what you'll find in our full The Secret summary :
- How to visualize the future you want to increase your success
- Why visualization works, according to the laws of the universe
- Why thinking about negative things sabotages your success