Want to know how to get the job you want? What do you need to include in your resume?
You can get the job you want by studying the business of your potential employer, developing a plan of how you can help the company, and presenting that plan to the person making the hiring decision. Your resume must include information about your education, experience, references, and relevant qualifications.
Read on to learn more about how to get the job you want.
How to Get the Job You Want
- Define the job you want exactly. If it doesn’t exist, maybe you can create it.
- Identify the company or individual you want to work for.
- Study your potential employer’s business and policies.
- Identify what you can offer the employer (experience, services, knowledge, ideas, connections), and develop a detailed plan of how you can help the company.
- Present it to the person with the authority to make the hiring decision.
Information to Include in a Resume
To get the job you want, you must prepare your resume or CV carefully. It should be clear, attractive and free of mistakes, and should include:
- Education: State the schooling you’ve had as well as subjects you specialized in and why.
- Experience: Include experience in positions similar to the one you’re applying for. Include the employers’ full names and addresses. Also emphasize experiences that would help you do the job you’re applying for.
- References: Offer names of people who can provide information about your experience and capabilities. They can include: former employers, teachers, prominent people.
- The specific position you are applying for. If you are not specific, it indicates you lack specialized qualifications.
- Your qualifications for the specific position: Be detailed. This is the most important part of your application.
- Offer to work on probation (without pay), to get a foot in the door and demonstrate your capabilities. Making this offer shows your determination and self-confidence.
- Know the employer’s business: This shows imagination and a serious interest in the position.
- Don’t be afraid of making your CV too long. Employers want all the information about you that they can get.
- Check spelling and grammar, showing care and attention to detail.
- Dress professionally.
———End of Preview———
Like what you just read? Read the rest of the world's best book summary and analysis of Napoleon Hill's "Think and Grow Rich" at Shortform .
Here's what you'll find in our full Think and Grow Rich summary :
- Napoleon Hill's 1937 guide to success
- How to use thoughts, visualization, and affirmation to achieve wealth
- The importance of a Master Mind group and how to start one