Want to know what books Thorsten Heller recommends on their reading list? We've researched interviews, social media posts, podcasts, and articles to build a comprehensive list of Thorsten Heller's favorite book recommendations of all time.
If you have an aptitude for mathematics and some programming skills, author Joel Grus will help you get comfortable with the math and statistics at the core of data science, and with the hacking skills you need to get started as a data... more
If you have an aptitude for mathematics and some programming skills, author Joel Grus will help you get comfortable with the math and statistics at the core of data science, and with the hacking skills you need to get started as a data scientist. Packed with new material on deep learning, statistics, and natural language processing, this updated book shows you how to find the gems in today's messy glut of data.
* Get a crash course in Python
* Learn the basics of linear algebra, statistics, and probability--and how and when they're used in data science
* Collect, explore, clean, munge, and manipulate data
* Dive into the fundamentals of machine learning
* Implement models such as k-nearest neighbors, Naive Bayes, linear and logistic regression, decision trees, neural networks, and clustering
* Explore recommender systems, natural language processing, network analysis, MapReduce, and databases less
Don't have time to read Thorsten Heller's favorite books? Read Shortform summaries.
Shortform summaries help you learn 10x faster by:
- Being comprehensive: you learn the most important points in the book
- Cutting out the fluff: you focus your time on what's important to know
- Interactive exercises: apply the book's ideas to your own life with our educators' guidance.